Diesel Engine Warranty
- Warranty Information
- Hits: 47
Diesel Engine Warranty:For gas engines click: Gas Engine Warranty
All engines come with a standard 90 day and/or 3000 mile warranty with the exception of commercial vehicles which have a 30 day and/or 1000 mile warranty. All warranties are based from the date of purchase. The parts covered by this warranty are the engine block, cylinder head with valves, crank shaft connecting rods and bearings, pistons, piston rings, oil pump, crank shaft and bearings, cam shaft, rocker arms, valve lifters, and other internal parts. Excluded from this warranty are the fuel pump, water pump, all electrical parts, hoses, lines, intake and exhaust manifolds, fuel injector pumps, all other fuel injection parts, and all other external parts. Calibration and adjustment of excluded parts are also excluded from this warranty. This warranty is void if new oil, oil filter, antifreeze, and air cleaner element are not used in installation.
Warranty is effective from the date or purchase.
1. All bolts must be re-torqued.
2. All fluids and filters must be replaced. Including but not limited to:
- Fuel Filter
- Oil Filter
- Motor oil (Per Manufacturer Recommendations)
- Antifreeze (Per Manufacturer Recommendations)
3. Timing belt(s) must be replaced. (where applicable)
4. Water pump and thermostat must be replaced.
5. Cooling system must be flushed and the following components replaced:
- Engine oil cooler (New)
- EGR cooler (New)
6. Gaskets and seals (recommended)
Items not covered under this warranty.
1. Seals and/or gasket leaks including freeze (core) plugs.
2. Injectors and/or fuel system components.
3. Cooling system components including water pump & thermostat.
4. Manifolds either intake and/or exhaust.
1. Some components may be left on the engine to facilitate removal and/or installation.
2. These items are not warrantied.
3. Installation must be completed by an ASE Certified facility.
4. Pickup Salvage Co. is not responsible for any consequential damages or charges.
5. Pickup Salvage Co. reserves the right to investigate any and all claims.
6. Copy of installation invoice with components replaced must be submitted to Pickup Salvage Co. within 30 days of sale.
1. All cores are due within 30 days from the date of invoice.
2. Cores must be drained of all fluids or a $25.00 disposal fee will be deducted from the core charge refund.
3. Core returns must include the same items as what you received at the time of purchase, either your or ours.
This warranty is void if:
1. Any commercial use.
2. Any racing or off-road use.
3. Any installation into anything the engine was not designed for.
4. Lack of maintenance as per manufacturer recommendations or lack of proof, of such maintenance.
5. Any alterations or modifications to the engine and/or running gear and/or suspension of the vehicle installed into including over-size or under-size tires.
6. Engine overheating.
7. There are markers and heat sensitive indicators placed throughout the engine. Removal and/or alterations to these indicators will void your warranty.
In case of a claim.
1. Call Pickup Salvage Co. first and have your invoice in hand.
2. Discontinue use of vehicle immediately.
3. Proof of proper installation and maintenance records will be requested.
4. Pickup Salvage Co. reserves the right to determine the best course of action to satisfy the warranty claim such as:
- or Refund
5. Any refunds will be made with a company check, no cash refunds.
6. Shipping, towing and/or labor charges are not covered and/or refundable unless additional warranties are purchased.