Go to top
- Category: Warranty Information
- Hits: 225
Warranty Description & Sales Terms specific to Transmissions
- Your transmission is covered by a 90 (ninety) day parts only warranty unless otherwise specified on your invoice. We will repair or replace at Pickup Salvage Company discretion if proven to be defective. Labor to install such replacement is not covered unless a labor warranty is purchased. Specifics and Limitations of the warranty are detailed in the General Warranty Terms page.
- Customer is required to completely flush the cooling system and may be required to install a new radiator and/or transmission oil cooler. Additional installation requirements are detailed in the General Warranty Terms page. This includes flashing or reprogramming the main engine/transmission computer. Proof of doing this is required with any warranty claims.
- A new filter and gasket set, and front/rear seals must be purchased and installed. Proof of this at the time of installation is required with any warranty claim.
- NOTE: some transmissions such as Allison transmissions for example use more then one filter, all filters must be replaced.
- A new clutch, pressure plate and throw-out bearing must be installed on manual/standard transmissions.
- Any transmission installed in a vehicle with oversize tires or engine modification to increase output power will void any warranty and be sold "as-is" with no warranty.
- Any transmission used for towing beyond manufacturers recommendations will void any warranty.
- Manufacturer recommended fluids must be used to ensure longevity and is required. Improper fluid may void any warranty.
- If a warranty claim shall arise, discontinue use of vehicle and contact Pickup Salvage Company before performing any work, removing, replacing the part will cause warranty will be void.